Monday, April 27, 2015

Be Good Or Be Gone


Since the previous There Stands the Glass post seven days ago, I’ve taken in 30 sets of live music.  My ten favorites:
  • Four Fists
  • Sufjan Stevens
  • Ebony Tusks
  • Duncan Burnett and the Ministry
  • Jorge Arana Trio
  • Sleater-Kinney
  • The Phantastics
  • Sie Lieben Maschinen
  • Anna Cole and the Other Lovers
  • Peter Hook and the Light

---
I reviewed a concert by Sleater-Kinney and Theesatisfaction on Sunday.

---
I reviewed Ink’s Middle of the Map Fest on Friday and Saturday.

---
I reviewed Death Cab For Cutie’s concert at the Midland theater on Thursday.

---
I reviewed Sufjan Stevens’ concert at the Midland theater on Tuesday.

---
I contributed a Local Listen segment about La Guerre to KCUR.

---
Here’s a ten-minute documentary about the obscure Kansas City musician Michael Angelo.  His 1977 debut album will be reissued on April 28.

---
“Yoga” indicates that Janelle Monáe is intent on expanding her audience.

---
Live at Monterey Jazz Festival, the debut release of a band co-led by Dave Douglas and Joe Lovano, is every bit as impressive as you’d think.  RIYL: Dave Holland, present-day Wayne Shorter, Tim Berne.

(Original image by There Stands the Glass.)

No comments: