Tuesday, January 06, 2015

I'm Feeling Low and the Fish Won't Bite


Just as the song suggests, a loud dose of vintage R&B almost always sets me straight when I'm blue.  When I'm ailing, however, even the sweetest music rankles me.  I'm back in the swing of attending performances, but I only lasted twenty minutes at a gig last night.  The flu is the enemy of music.


---
I remember the late Kansas City drummer Tommy Ruskin at Plastic Sax.

---
Little Jimmy Dickens has died.  I'm so glad I was able to see him a handful of times at the Grand Ole Opry.

---
Guitarist Jeff Golub has died.

---
Alberta Adams has died.

---
D/Will created a video for "Keep Coming Back".

---
I agree with the pontificators who suggest that the entirely decent "Only One," the new collaboration between Kanye West and Paul McCartney, is the worst thing West has released.

(Original image by There Stands the Glass.)

2 comments:

bigsteveno said...

You need a little bit o' soul to put you right.

Happy In Bag said...

Indeed, Steve. I'm finally back in the saddle. Hope to see you soon.