Friday, October 26, 2012

Review: The Sword- Apocryphon


I occasionally feel the need to be pulverized by bone-crushing riffs.  The Sword's monumental new album Apocryphon does the trick.  The album's full of pulverizing moments.  The Sword doesn't deviate from the tried-and-true formula established by Black Sabbath forty years ago.  The straightforward approach temporarily vanquishes my everyday problems and alters my consciousness more effectively than the consumption of drugs or alcohol.  Further analysis is pointless.  Rawk!


---
The performance by the Vijay Iyer Trio turned my mind inside out last Friday.   Even so, missing Vicente Fernandez's final Kansas City appearance that night really hurt.  Here's Tim Finn's review.

---
Try as I might, I just can't resist the allure of Regina Spektor's maudlin "How".

---
Hexvessel! RIYL: Kansas, the Moody Blues, Renaissance.

---
Bucket list item #791.

---
A documentary on Ben Lee?

---
Kansas City Click: My official picks are published here.

(Original image by There Stands the Glass.)

2 comments:

Gary said...

I didn't like the last album by The Sword. Is this one better, Bill? Tempted to see their recordbar show.

Happy In Bag said...

Gary- Apocryphon is perfect. -Bill